State: Tennessee City: Memphis Product: Total Air Care Air Conditioner Repair Clear all filters (1 of 128 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Product:

American Home Shield - Terrible customer service

1.2
Our AC went out Saturday the 14th. We called Sun. Total Air came Wed. So far so good. That is where the good ended. I called to make sure they got the paperwork a couple hour after the tech left. 1 1/2 hours on hold,finally talked to someone. Was told that thee paperwork was not in. Called Total Air Care,hour on hold, hung up. Called AHS back 1 1/4 on hold. I was told no paperwork, but it could take 72 hours for approval once it was in. Saturday part was approved, AC company called Mon and set apt for Wed. I was told before hand that i would be charged 55 dollars a pound x 10 pounds for refrigerant. I tolf AHS that i could get it for 30 a pound from my AC guy, and asked why they did noy use competitive contractors. She said that they did not control what their contractors charged. Tech told me they jack up the price to get paid,as AHS does not pay them, i was overcharged $350.00 because AHS doesn't pay their contractors. Why have a home warranty if it doest cover. I don't mind paying going rates, but their price was exhorbitant.
Author
Memphis, Tennessee
Service
Total Air Care Air Conditioner Repair
Reason of review
Pricing issue
Review #1080312 is a subjective opinion of poster.