Stay away from Total Air Care and Polar Plumbing!
I called them to fix a leaking a/c unit in my condo, and I so regret it now.A technician came out, added coolant, and declared the unit to be fixed.
I was out of town for the next few days and returned to find a still-broken a/c unit, a blazing hot condo, and massive water damage all around my utility closet. My (formerly) beautiful parquet floors are so buckled up that the closet door can no longer close. Total Air Care sent a second technician out, who spent at least an hour with my a/c system and came back to report a "huge leak" and a "totally rusted out" unit. He seemed surprised that the first technician could have missed such a large issue.
When I called the company, the manager (Michael) said that "a good technician should catch both leaks", but nonetheless, he would take no responsibility for the destroyed floor.Despite the failure of his first technician to fix the issue, I am left with a water-logged wood floor and a shrug from Total Air Care.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Hvac Repair
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
You May Also Like
- "Do not use Everdry. We made that mistake and now out thousands of dollars. They come to your house and scare you to death about mold, bang on your door..."
- "These photos are of a house with defective stucco at Sun City Hilton Head, SC. It is one example of the widespread defective stucco problem at SCHH that has resulted..."
- "Joseph E. Prada (or Joseph E. Prado) agreed to install laminate floors on the second floor in my mom's house - a total of 800 sq feet. The total work..."
- "We just returned from an adults get away at this fabulous all inclusive resort. We loved our room, which had an amazing ocean view and was recently renovated. Very clean..."
- "When the quote representative/salesperson called, they proceeded to ask questions about my prospective purchase and still refused to give a comparative estimate of various plans! They claimed that I had..."
- "100% FAILED, RECALLED Matress- their brand! I have a spinal fusion and now needd 2 surgeries.... I count on my mattress to be GREAT- so they claim- Admitted faulty product!..."
- "Do not expect a summer vacation on Viking. Don't be misled by the commercials. Read the fine print - Viking is well aware of river levels but do not..."
- "Hello from Amazon.com. We can certainly understand your concerns about this claim being closed. However, as stated in our previous message, regarding 1x4-1726519-22xxx69: The seller who fulfilled this order indicates no return has been..."
- "Check out this FPL repair job on a residential 200 amp underground service wire (see attached photo). We ran across this and figured that this shoddy repair work, clearly made..."