Additional Fees

Air conditioner stopped working on June 26th. 1st repairman showed up and advised compressor was bad.

Said he would order the part. Never heard back to know if part was ordered. We called and was told we would receive a call by 6:00 PM. No call back.

Called 3 days straight and finally had to call American Home Shield to know if they could find out status. Part was ordered and repair man installed it. A/C worked 1.5 days and quit. Called American Home Shield and reported it and they called TAC.

Repairman came back out and said exhaust blower wasn’t working. He took my motor so he could order the part. On 7/23 another repairman brought out motor and proceeded to remove the housing bolts and nuts and reversed them on the motor and then tried to use those bolts to connect to the compressor cover. Said they ordered the wrong part suncevthe holes didn’t match.

I made him leave the old motor with me and readily saw what he did wrong. I wrote down the part number for the motor and called Grainger and they had the motor in stock. I picked it up along with a new capacitor and connector. Different A/C repair company is coming on 7/24 to install it.

When I asked the TAC repairman what we were supposed to fovwitn no air he asked if I had a house box fan and said I could law it in top and use it to draw away the hot said from the unit. Oh, yes he did. Do not ever send anyone from Total Air Care to my house again. By the way,we called American Home Shield and advised them and we were told that the work order said the job was completed which is an out and out lie.

This last repairman was named Terrance. This person showed up with a pair of pliers and a drive socket. Evidently besides being a liar he doesn’t know what he is doing. American Home Shield is returning our deposit and I’m quite sure TAC will be hearing from them.

We were told by a customer service rep that the owner doesn’t come to work anymore. Would probably be a good idea if he started showing up again to check on his declining consumer reports.

Comments